28 December 2019
NOTE: This is my own routine, which I got into by trial and error and I’m not recommending it to anyone else!!! This is just what I do. Hopefully you too can find what works for you. I have no formal training in physical education nor am I a personal trainer.
I’ve been following this routine since I got back into running – after ankle injury – in May/June 2018, so I thought I’d make a record of it. Twice a week (update: 3x during coronavirus lockdown)
1) 5.5 min warm up with Sean T.
2) Go out for 5-6km outdoor run/jog – 30-40 minutes
3) Get back home, do some eccentric raises on the steps for my ankles and some pull up bar ‘sit ups’ (basically I hang from the pull up bar and raise and lower my legs which are bent, rather than straight for 15 reps, 3x alternated with eccentric calf raises) this takes under 5 minutes. Here’s a video of it.
4) Weight circuits, three times (* see below) – 15 to 25 minutes
5) Handstands and Capoeira moves/sequences I may have been working on that week. Usually starting with video below. I left the pauses in between because they are important! I couldn’t do the whole thing without taking a rest between sets. – 20 to 40 minutes
It can take up to two hours, usually 1:15/1:30 minutes. Today I started warming up around 10:20 and the session was finished at 12:06.
28 Dec 2019 run The activity is to Runkeeper friends privacy only as it has a map, but there are the stats
DISTANCE 5.08 DURATION 0:30:09 AVERAGE PACE 5:56min/km
4) * Weight circuits, longer one:
08 May 2020 shorter circuit: